Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In the queue



I had intended to post a bunch of the soft-spun corriedale that I've been making -- loads of new colourways, all gorgeous, I'm very proud -- but they all got bought before I could post them. Hardly a problem, but a bit of a surprise. It seems that the half-size (as in, 55g instead of 110g) skeins are selling marvellously well at Three Bags Full, much better than the full size, and they wanted to re-stock a mere two weeks after they bought their last batch from me. I'm delighted, but the cupboards are bare. Pictured above is what I managed to spin in four or five days of being at home with a sick child. It's not my usual high rate of production, but the variety is high. I should be able to post one new yarn a day for the next week or so. Which is good, because I'm going to be unable to get any spinning done until Tuesday.

I swear, I haven't gotten a decent stretch of work days since November. Christmas, visitors, illness -- it conspires to take away what little time I have. And getting the two year old to understand that she has to let me spin is a tough sell.

One month until Fibrefest! My goodness, I am *so* not ready. Much work and stockpiling to be done.

2 comments:

Dotty said...

The sample mitten that you left at the store is making your yarn popular. Last week, one of the gals saw the mitten and immediately bought 2 skeins.

YummyYarn said...

The "cheater" fairisle is so compelling, isn't it? ("Cheater" because it looks like you used many different skeins of yarn, when it was really just a plain and a variegated.) I want to make a whole sweater like that, in a natural background and a foreground in shades of orange. Like a creamsicle, done in wool.